Thank you all so much for your responses! The winners have been notified and the prizes sent out.
You found it, the next surprise giveaway! The image above shows the Kodak PIXPRO SL10 Smart Lens Camera attached to a smartphone. This handy little device uses your smartphone as the interface for the 16-megapixel Kodak camera, and though it does attach with a nice, sturdy built-in metal sliding clip, it can also be aimed separately.
The smartphone connects to the PIXPRO’s private little WiFi network (or you can use the NFC feature if you have an Android device) using the Kodak PIXPRO Remote Viewfinder app. Since it’s a private low-power network, the two devices have to stay within ten feet of each other, which still gives you a great deal of flexibility. The PIXPRO and a smartphone gives you the same functionality as a mid-range DSLR camera at a fraction of the price. We have had a ton of fun playing with it here in the office. The 10X zoom is true, the resolution is crisp, and the vibration reduction is pretty darn good. It comes in black or white, and the same device fits phones as small as an iPhone 5c all to way up to the Galaxy Note 3. (The range may be wider than that, but those are the ones we had on hand to experiment with.)
And right now, tweet us at @RadioShack with your photographic aspirations AND the #RSPIXPRO hashtag between 9AM and 9PM on August 5th, 2014, and we’ll pick three lucky people to receive a Kodak PIXPRO Smart Lens Camera and a 32GB microSD card, just because we think you’re cool. The PIXPRO does have an on-board microSD card slot, so it does not rely on your phone’s storage to record images. However, it will only recognize up to a 32GB card for now.
A few things, though:
- Only one entry per person, please.
- If you’ve won something in the last month, please sit on your hands and let someone else have a chance.
- Vulgar suggestions will be automatically disqualified.
- You don’t have to tweet us photos, words are just fine.
- US residents only, please.
- The winners will be chosen at random and contacted privately before the end of the week. We’ll send out an announcement once everyone has been confirmed, but asking about it won’t make it go faster.
So, that’s it! Ready, set, TWEET!