It’s springtime in Texas, which can only mean one thing: music festivals across the state, in cities such as Austin and RadioShack will be there, powering up our fans!
One of our favorite ways to stay powered up is with a portable power bank, like the new RadioShack 2200mAh Portable Power Bank. This little black (or blue, or white) box stores enough power to fully recharge most smartphones, and then easily recharges via micro USB, so you can use it over and over again. With so much activity at an event like a music festival, we would love to hear YOUR tips on how you stay powered up in Austin! We also have some tickets to an exclusive LIVE taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live in Austin, and we’d love to get you and your friend in the door with tickets – all you have to do for a chance to win is tweet and tell us how you will power up in Austin.
HOW TO ENTER
2. Tweet @RadioShack with your city hashtag (detailed below) and tell us how YOU will power up in Austin!
Houston and surrounding cities: #RSHouston
Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding cities: #RSDallas
Austin and surrounding cities: #RSAustin
That’s it! We’ll randomly select one winner from each city to get a great prize pack that includes 2 tickets to a LIVE taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live in Austin, TX, as well as 1 (one) $500 VISA gift card! NOTE: Travel to/from Austin and accommodations are NOT included.
WE DO HAVE A FEW RULES/GUIDELINES
One entry per person per day. Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 AM CT February 28th, 2014, and ends at 11:59 PM CT on March 12th, 2014. 1 (one) winner from each city will be chosen randomly and contacted after 10:00 AM CT on March 13th, 2014. Show taping is on 3/14. Travel and accommodations are NOT included. See full Official Rules below.
No payment or purchase necessary to win. Neither a purchase nor payment will improve your chances of winning. While you’re pretty cool in our book, you are not a winner of this sweepstakes yet. Must be a legal resident of Texas and 18+. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by RadioShack.
RadioShack Live Taping Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The RadioShack Live Taping Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Friday, February 28, 2014, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Wednesday, March 12, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). There will be one hashtag for each city, for a total of three (3) opportunities to win one of three (3) total prizes. Entry in this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of RadioShack, 300 RadioShack Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76102-1964 (the “Sponsor”).
This promotion is open to legal U.S. residents in the state of Texas with an individual Twitter account (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other United States territories) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, promotion prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes including but not limited to RadioShack and American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household and branded organizational corporate Twitter accounts are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor.
2. HOW TO ENTER/WINNER SELECTION:
To enter, you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and follow @RadioShack on Twitter, then tweet how you will Power Up in Austin with the appropriate city-based hashtag specified below to @RadioShack within the designated time period. Any tweet that contains the city-based hashtag specified below AND ‘@RadioShack’ is considered a valid entry, regardless of the other copy in that tweet. RadioShack will use the Twitter timeline search of [each city-based hashtag specified below] @RadioShack to identify the entrants who tweet within the designated time period. Winners will be randomly selected from valid entries. Limit one entry per person per day. You must use the hashtag that corresponds with your city/market. Regardless of which hashtag you use, there is a limit of 1 entry/day/person.. The selection of each potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Each winner will be notified via Twitter direct message to the Twitter account with which the winner entered the Sweepstakes within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing (entrants should ensure that their Twitter account is up to date).
Houston, TX and surrounding cities – #RSHouston
Austin, TX and surrounding cities – #RSAustin
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and surrounding cities – #RSDallas
If a winner should not respond to the Twitter message notifying them that they are a winner within twenty-four (24) hours, Sponsor will randomly select another winner. Failure to have an active Twitter account will result in forfeiture. In no case shall the Sponsor be liable in any manner where a winner has not received notification sent from the Sponsor or where the Sponsor fails to receive a response from the winner within twenty-four (24) hours.
Limit: No Use of Automated Tools or Robots to Generate Tweets During The Promotion Period.
Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning Twitter accounts for the domain associated with the submitted Twitter account.
3. PRIZE/ODDS: Only the prize(s) listed below will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Three (3) Prizes (one per city): two (2) tickets for a live taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live on Friday, March 14, 2014 at the Long Center in Austin, Texas plus one (1) $500 VISA gift card.
*Note* – Jimmy Kimmel Live tickets will be for a specific live taping on Friday, March 14, 2014. Prize includes tickets and $500 VISA gift card ONLY – travel to, from, and around Austin, TX, accommodations, and any other expenses are the responsibility of the winner and are NOT included in this Sweepstakes.
Approximate retail value not to exceed $500.00.
Winners are responsible for any and all local, state and/or federal, and province taxes, not specified herein as being awarded. Prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and has no cash value. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason.
4. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: BY ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, Twitter, and their respective affiliates, parents, owners, franchisees, officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (B)that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and(C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any prize constitutes Prize Winner’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use Prize Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
6. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator, Twitter, Inc., and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases Sponsor, Administrator, and the Promotion Entities from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any prize.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State of Texas, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
9. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: RadioShack Live Taping Sweepstakes , 300 RadioShack Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76102-1964. All such requests must be received by 03/31/2014.