It’s almost February 14th, which means it’s either almost Valentine’s Day or Singles Awareness Day, depending on your current situation. Either way, there’s no better time of the year to build a new project. If you’re in a relationship, then a homemade gift is the best route – it shows that you cared about the person enough to spend some of your time making something for them instead of buying it. If you’re not in a relationship, then what better way to get your mind off all the lovey-dovey stuff in the air than by locking yourself in your workspace and building a project, just you and your tools?
Either way, RadioShack wants to help you out, so here’s our list of 5 cool build-it-yourself kits to get you through Valentine’s Day:
1. Toy Investments Tin Can Robot – this easy kit uses an empty soft drink can to create a robot that can walk around on its own. Add some arms and eyes and you’ve got yourself a fun little friend. Build two of them, and you can recreate your favorite romantic movie.
— RadioShack (@RadioShack) February 7, 2013
2. Velleman Running Microbug Robot Kit – This little bug is hungry for light, and runs towards it with reckless abandon. It doesn’t do much in a dark room, but turn on a flashlight and it’ll go nuts chasing after the light. Somewhat like a cat, only with no litterbox.
3. Velleman Electronics Decision Maker Kit – She loves me, she loves me not. Sometimes, it’s tough to tell. Let electronics give you the answer with this little kit. It assembles easily, and with power from a 9-volt battery, you can solve all of life’s burning questions (the yes-or-no ones, anyways).
4. Toy Investments Brush Robot Kit – Sometimes, relationships can be messy, and tough to clean up. Sometimes, you just feel like being a slob, and wish you had someone to clean up after you. Either way, the Toy Investments Brush Robot Kit is the perfect solution. It’s less than $10, is easy to assemble, and looks cute as can be while it’s brushing its way into your heart.
5. Velleman K4301 Pink Noise Generator – At the end of the day, you need to sleep – Valentines is on a Thursday this year, which means most of us will be back in the office on Friday morning. This Pink Noise Generator kit is a great solution if you just need to unwind and relax.
So there you have it – 5 great reasons to heat up your soldering iron and get to building something this Valentines’ Day!
Which kit will YOU build?
Leave a comment below and let us know which kit YOU would love to build!
We’ll pick 5 random commenters to get the kit of their choosing!
One comment/entry per person. To enter, leave a comment below, telling us which kit you would love to build. Contest begins at 8:00 am CT on February 12th, 2013 and ends at 11:59 pm CT on February 14th, 2013. Winner will be chosen randomly by RadioShack and announced after 12:00 pm CT on February 18th, 2013. Winners will each receive 1 kit of their choosing from the list above. No substitutions for prizes.
No payment or purchase necessary to win. Neither a purchase nor payment will improve your chances of winning. While you’re pretty cool in our book, you are not a winner of this contest yet. Void where prohibited. Must be a resident of the 50 United States to win. Employees of RadioShack and their families are ineligible.
UPDATE: Well, we had 3 commenters, so you’ll each get the project you chose! Look for an email shortly to confirm your mailing address.