Since we launched the Great Create site in early 2011, we have marveled at some of the amazing projects you have built using RadioShack parts and pieces. From our Great Create Challenge’s, we have seen such great success that we would like to challenge YOU to another bit of friendly competition. So we are launching the Halloween Great Create Challenge.
Here’s the skinny:
Halloween is just around the corner and we know that DIYers, like yourself, are SCREAMING to come up with a creative Halloween project. We want to challenge you to create the creepiest-crawliest project you can come up with using RadioShack parts. You will have from September 28 to October 31 to come up with an idea, build it, submit your project with photos and videos to the Great Create website and leave a link to your project in the comments below.
We will then go through and pick the project that has the most creative build, best use of RadioShack parts and pieces and is the most inventive to win a $250 RadioShack Gift Card! Imagine the spooky projects you could build with that!
- Come up with a Halloween-related Great Create project
- Head to RadioShack to pick up extra parts and pieces, or just use what you already have at home
- Build the project, and record a video of it or snap some great photos (Don’t forget, judging is based off of creative build, use of RadioShack parts and pieces, and most inventive.)
- Upload the project to RadioShack’s Great Create site between NOW and October 31, 2012 at 5PM CT
- Come back here and share the link to your project in the comments below (of course, if you have ideas for future topics, you can leave those in the comments, as well
- Have a chance to win a $250 RadioShack gift card
We do have a few rules/guidelines:
One entry per person. Contest begins at 8:00 am CST on September 28, 2012 and ends at 5:01 pm CST on October 31, 2012. Winner will be chosen based off of judgement guidelines and announced after 12:00 pm CST on November 20, 2012 and will be contacted via email.
No payment or purchase necessary to win. Neither a purchase nor payment will improve your chances of winning. While you’re pretty cool in our book, you are not a winner of this contest yet. Void where prohibited. Must be a resident of the 50 United States to win.
We can’t wait to see what awesome projects you come up with!
UPDATE: Sorry for the late announcement – as you can see in the comments, we had some REALLY great projects submitted! We’ve carefully reviewed all of them, judging on use of RadioShack parts and pieces, creativity, and most inventive. After much deliberation, we’ve chosen Ryan Mast’s SteamPunk Cyborg costume as our winner!
However, since all the other submissions were such great projects, we’ve decided that everyone who submitted a project will receive an Arduino Uno as a consolation prize. We’ll be reaching out via email soon. Thanks so much to everyone who participated!