YOUR OLD PHONE’S WORTH MORE THAN YOU THINK.
There’s probably a treasure trove of retired tech in your home.
The RadioShack Trade & Save #WHATSITWORTH game has come to an end.
Your chance to win is over, but there’s still plenty of time to pull the old phones and other retired tech out of your catchall drawer and bring them in to your neighborhood RadioShack. Or visit RadioShack.com/TradeAndSave to see #WhatsItWorth.
RadioShack “What’s It Worth?” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Employees of RadioShack Corporation (“Sponsor”), Weber Shandwick, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, Sweepstakes and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to participate; 1) Via Facebook: Visit www.facebook.com/RadioShack and click the Sweepstakes tab. Then, follow the directions provided to complete and submit the registration form and estimate the Trade & Save value of the electronic devices depicted in the drawer of the onscreen illustration. If your estimate is within $30 (higher or lower) from the Trade & Save “actual” value, you will receive one (1) entry for the applicable Daily Entry Period. If your estimate is not within $30 from the Trade & Save actual value, you will not receive an entry. The actual value of drawer contents will be posted by Sponsor on the day following each Daily Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address per Daily Entry Period via this method. OR 2) Via Twitter: Visit http://blog.RadioShack.com to view the onscreen illustration of a drawer containing electronic devices. Then, tweet to @RadioShack your estimate of the Trade & Save value of the electronic devices depicted with the hashtag #WhatsItWorth. If your estimate is within $30 (higher or lower) from the Trade & Save “actual” value, you will receive one (1) entry for the applicable Daily Entry Period. If your estimate is not within $30 from the Trade & Save actual value, you will not receive an entry. Limit one (1) entry per person and per Twitter account per Daily Entry Period via this method. In the event that the Sponsor receives more than one (1) entry from any person and/or Twitter account for any Daily Entry Period, only the first entry submitted by that person and/or Twitter account will be eligible for the corresponding drawing.The Trade & Save value and contents of the drawer will vary each Daily Entry Period. Entries must be received by the end of the applicable Daily Entry Period to be considered for the applicable Daily Entry Period drawing. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. If you choose to tweet using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. Entries received from any person or e-mail address or Twitter account in excess of the limitation stated above for any Daily Entry Period will be void. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: Six (6) potential Daily Prize winners will be selected for each Daily Entry Period in a random drawing held within approximately twenty four (24) hours following the end of each applicable Daily Entry Period from all eligible entries received for that drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing. Non-winning entries from one Daily Entry Period drawing will not carry over into subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person and per household throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by e-mail and/or Twitter direct message and will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within forty eight (48) hours from time of initial notification attempt. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected. If a potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
- DAILY PRIZES (30) (Six (6) per Daily Entry Period): A $300 RadioShack gift card. ARV $300 each. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winners. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions as specified by Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize with one of comparable or greater value. Total ARV of all prizes $9,000.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Weber Shandwick, Facebook, Twitter, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize; and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph, caption, entry, and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Sweepstakes without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries, estimates or tweets, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, estimates or tweets, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised for any reason, including virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received for the applicable drawing(s) prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Texas, USA.
- REQUEST FOR WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by May 31, 2012 to: RadioShack “What’s It Worth?” Sweepstakes Winners, Attn: A.Gardina, Weber Shandwick, 1717 Main Street suite 1600, Dallas, TX 75201.
- SPONSOR: RadioShack Corporation, 300 RadioShack Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76102-1964.
ABBREVIATED OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Begins on 4/16/12 at 12:00 a.m. CT, ends 4/20/12 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Subject to Official Rules, available at www.facebook.com/RadioShack. Sponsor: RadioShack Corporation. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.