We all know the feeling. Since August your weekends have been spent watching your favorite football teams play week in and week out. Saturdays were spent tailgating, then watching your college team try and make it to a bowl game. Sundays were spent sitting on the couch, with a bowl of chips, watching your favorite professional team make it to the playoffs.
This Sunday it all comes to an end. A team has been crowned Super Bowl Champions and the College National Championship is long over. Now the dreadful slump sets in when you have to wait until August for joy to be put back on your face.
With all of this extra time on your hands you might be looking for a few things to fill your weekends. Let me help you fill that void with MY top 10 list of great football-less afternoon activities you can do to pass the time:
- Call someone– Even if it is just for 10 minutes, call someone you have not talked to in a while. Be it a friend or family member, they will be glad you did.
- Download new games – There are so many great apps out there that you can download for FREE. Spend some time finding the ones you love to play. My favorite app game is Tetris…..if I start I can’t stop!
Road Trip – hop in the car and go somewhere. Take a day trip to a surrounding city. It does not have to cost a lot to take a trip and you can see things you have never seen before.
Beat your top score – With the extra time on your hands, try and beat the top score on your favorite video game. You might have to sit there for a while, but sometimes you just have to beat Luigi in Mario Kart.
eRead a book – find that favorite book that you have been meaning to read. This quiet time will be perfect to finish that novel….or magazine. With the new eReaders available you can now read like its 2012!
- Get organized- go through your junk drawers and find all of those old electronics you have not used in a while. This is a great time to find something you have been looking for or clear out some extra space (or even get some spending money at your favorite electronics store).
- Sing Karaoke- Brush up on your favorite songs by singing some karaoke. Learn every word to that Justin Beiber song you have been humming along to the past year! Baby, Baby, Baby.
- Give back – find some time to give back to your community. Pick up the trash at the local park, help at the Children’s hospital or donate some of your old clothes. You will feel great after you’re done!
- Charge Up – you can always take a nap with this extra time OR get all of your electronics charged. With the amount of different electronic products that we all have now, it is hard to keep them all charged. Inevitably, something is always dead when you want to use it. Spend your afternoon charging ALL of your electronic devices.
With all these great activities you are bound to fill all of your weekends with something fun until August rolls around again……….or spend it watching basketball. Leave a comment below and tell us what you like to do when football season is over!