We launched the Great Create site in early 2011, and since then, we’ve marveled at the awesome projects that you’ve built using RadioShack parts and pieces. To help spur some friendly competition, we launched the Great Create Arduino Challenge last month, and many of you submitted some really innovative Arduino-based projects. We want to keep that going, so today we’re launching the Great Create Challenge #2.
Here’s the skinny:
We know that DIYers like yourselves often set out to solve specific problems that they have encountered. We want to encourage that, so the challenge for this competition is to Build a project using RadioShack parts that makes an everyday task even easier. You’ll have three weeks (1/20/12 – 02/09/12) to come up with an idea, build it, submit your project with photos and video to the Great Create and leave a link to your project in the comments below. We’ll go through and pick the project that best uses RadioShack parts and pieces to make an everyday task easier – the chosen project will get a $200 RadioShack gift card – just imagine the awesome projects you could build with that!
- Come up with a project using RadioShack parts and pieces
- Head to RadioShack to pick up extra parts and pieces, or just use what you already have at home
- Build the project, then record a video of it (or of you building it) and snap some great photos
- Upload the project (with photos and videos) to RadioShack’s Great Create site between today and February 9th at 12 midnight CT – be sure to include “GreatCreateChallenge2” in the description field!
- Come back here and share the link to your project in the comments below (of course, if you have ideas for future challenges, you can leave those in the comments, as well)
- Have a chance to win a $200 RadioShack gift card
We can’t wait to see what awesome projects you come up with!
We do have a few rules/guidelines:
- Must be a resident of the 50 United States to enter
- Must be at least 13 years or older to enter (please refer to the Great Create Terms and Conditions section 2)
- Project must use RadioShack parts and pieces to count as an entry
- Project must be submitted to http://www.RadioShackDIY.com between 12 midnight CT January 20, 2012 and 12 midnight CT February 9, 2012.
- You must submit photo/video with your project
- The winning entry will be chosen by RadioShack as the project that best shows how you can use RadioShack parts and pieces to make an everyday task easier.
After careful deliberation, we’ve chosen the winners of The Great Create Arduino Challenge #2!
Three way tie for first place:
Thanks so much for all the GREAT entries. We’ll have another contest coming up soon, so keep building and creating!