One thing we know for a fact – DIYers are a creative bunch, always coming up with cool solutions to problems that we face on a day-to-day basis. In talking to makers and DIYers, we know that many of you are always looking for your next project, so we thought it would be fun to have a little contest here on The Shack Blog to bring in some ideas from our awesome readers.
Here’s the skinny:
We have seen some amazing projects centered around the Arduino system and now that Arduino is available at RadioShack, we want to challenge you! What can you make with Arduino? You’ll have three weeks (11/11-12/2) to come up with an idea, build it, submit your project to the Great Create and leave a link to your project in the comments below. We’ll go through and pick the project that uses Arduino in the most creative and innovative way – the chosen project will get a $500 RadioShack gift card – just imagine the awesome projects you could build with that!
- Come up with a project using Arduino
- Head to RadioShack to pick up extra parts and pieces, or just use what you already have at home
- Build the project, and record a video of it or snap some great photos
- Upload the project to RadioShack’s Great Create site between today and December 2, 2011 at 12 midnight CT – be sure to mention Arduino in the description field!
- Come back here and share the link to your project in the comments below (of course, if you have ideas for future topics, you can leave those in the comments, as well)
- Have a chance to win a $500 RadioShack gift card
We can’t wait to see what awesome projects you come up with!
We do have a few rules/guidelines:
- Must be a resident of the 50 United States to enter
- Must be at least 18 years or older to enter
- Project must use Arduino to count as an entry
- Project must be submitted to http://www.RadioShackDIY.com between 12 midnight CT November 11, 2011 and 12 midnight CT December 2, 2011.
- You must submit photo/video with your project
- The winning entry will be chosen by RadioShack as the project that best shows how you can use Arduino in a creative and innovative way
After careful deliberation, we’ve chosen the winners of The Great Create Arduino Challenge!
First place: Steve Miley’s Time Lapse Dolly
Second place: Eric Leininger’s Fishing Cabin
Tie for Third place:
Thanks so much for all the GREAT entries. We’ll have another contest coming up soon, so keep building and creating!